Outdoor Retailer Summer Market begins on Thursday and runs from August 1-5 in Salt Lake City.
For those who don’t know, the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market is one of the biggest gear expos of the year. It happens biannually and gives gear manufacturers the opportunity to showcase some of their newest creations and best deals.
Basically, it’s an outdoor gear junky’s paradise.
While we can’t go out to the SLC event, there are a number of publications online where you can keep in touch with the freshest new gear announced at the event–brands like Mountain Hardwear, Black Diamond, New Balance and, well, pretty much any outdoor brand you can imagine.
So here are a few sites where you can get rapidfire updates from the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market expo:
- Kraig Becker from The Adventure Blog announced yesterday that he would be attending the event and writing and tweeting about all the gear he sees at his blog. Follow him on Twitter at
- Outside Magazine has already begun posting preview for Outdoor Retailer Summer Market under their Gear section.
- Gear Junkie has put up a preview for the event here and will be covering the event.
- TrailSpace put up a Outdoor Retailer Hiking Gear Preview and a Climbing Gear Preview. They will be covering the event, too.
- And finally you can get it from the source, the website for the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.